Skip to main content

Mick Foley Comedy Show Review Bath 2013

Mick Foley Comedy Show Review
Bath 2013
 
 
Me and Mick Foley in Bath


I brought my ticket for Mick Foley Comedy Show in Bath Months ago. I made sure I got a meet and greet ticket as I had gone to see Mick in Cardiff in 2012 and wanted to make sure I could meet him again.

I arrived at the Komedia in Bath and the fans were queued up ready to get into the show. It was a very long line as I found out on the day that she show was sold out. That's a great achievement considering this was the first time for Mick in Bath shows that the advertising and promotion for his shows is spot on and he manages to reach the fans.

I get into the building and I am on the bottom floor as I have a meet and great and priority seating ticket. Luckily a friends of mine @kitchkov saved me a seat where he was sitting so was able to sit 4 rows back and enjoy the show.

I get some drinks and we are awaiting the start of the show. First of all the comedian supporting Mick on his tour comes out he is a comic from Leicester called Jim Smallman. Id never seen Jim before so was interested to see what he was going to come up with. Jim was fantastic and a perfect choice to support Mick. Jim Smallman is a professional comedian who is a huge wrestling fan (he has a tattoo of Mick Foley on his arm) and also Jim co Owns a wrestling promotion called Progress Wrestling. So Jim was bang on to start the show and got me laughing a lot before Mick Came on.

I found a video of Jim on Youtube click the video below to see Jim at work in Edinburgh Last year (the opening Joke is the same one we heard in bath) also visit Jim website http://jimsmallman.com/

Mick Foley then came on to the stage and gave us 1 Hour to 1 Hour 20 minutes of laughter. Mick was tremendous and even better than when I saw him previously in Cardiff. Mick talked about the WWE hall of Fame and his story with Chris Jericho and Cm Punk and the elbow heard around the world. Mick said at the beginning of the show also that he wanted all fans to enjoy the show and you could hear everyone laughing I didn't hear one person at the end of the show complaining that they didn't enjoy themselves or have a great time

I wont ruin all the jokes for you - however Mick Does a joke about Hulk Hogan to which I was laughing so hard I nearly cried!! Also an extremely great joke about a man "Working Hurt" - Mick was comedy Gold and just keeps getting better and better. If haven't managed to see a Mick Foley comedy show yet I suggest you do whether you are a wrestling fan or not there is something here for all tastes. I hope there is a DVD coming out of his show because I'll certainly be buying it if it does.

There was a meet and greet after the show and due to the show being a sell out there were lots of fans waiting to meet Mick. I did take an hour to meet Mick however I feel that this was just due to sheer number of people. Mick had so many people to meet and after being on the road for so many days and doing so many shows I was very appreciative that at 11am at night Mick was willing to meet me, First bump (Mick says its easier than a handshake), take the time to talk to me and sign my WWE hall of Fame Program and also my WWE hall of fame ticket. Got to speak to Mick about my experience at the hall of fame and seeing him inducted as always Mick was a true gentleman and was great to talk too. I then had to run out the door and get my train home!! (which I did get in time!!)


Thank you Mick and if your back in  England Next year I'll be back to see another show
 
Thanks for reading
 
Jonathan Orchard
@jon422002 - Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1...or 2

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1 (or 2) Dolph Ziggler This Sunday 27th January 2013 WWE Royal Rumble will air. Generally One of the best WWE PPV's of the year. This year 30 Man Royal Rumble match has alot of intrigue built into it most people are of the opinion that John Cena will be winning this years event and then go on to face The Rock at Wrestlemania. However after seeing this past Monday's WWE raw WWE might have something else in mind.,.,,  Royal Rumble 2013 A Beat the clock challenge took place on WWE Raw and the winner of this we were originally told could pick their number for the Royal Rumble Match. Dolph Ziggler Ends up winning the Beat The Clock challenge then when he is bragging about this Vicki Guerreo informs Ziggler that it is not a free choice of Royal Rumble Entry number instead it is a number chosen within a certain range Number one to Number two. Here's what WWE could do This I feel is the ideal opportunity fo

AEW All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?

AEW  All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?  All Elite Wrestling airs in the UK on ITV 4 on a Friday night and ITV Hub (Itv on demand service should be uploaded on a Thursday) ITV don't air AEW Dynamite live and a separate subscription has to be purchased via Fite.TV if fans wish to do this.  Initially things started off OK although @itvwrestling had difficulties getting Dynamite on ITV Hub on time (they promised Thursdays at 7pm) usually this was up on a Friday morning. However as the weeks went on the uploading to ITV hub did not get any better and as of this writing its as worse as it has ever been they don't upload the episodes consistently which is leaving many fans frustrated and ITV Wrestling haven't been communicating with fans. @ITV Wrestling haven't tweeted about AEW since Dec 5th - they haven't updated any of their graphics since Full Gear and ITV wrestling now seem totally disconnected from the fans and from my perspective th

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018   Hello Wrestling fans! Welcome to the first ever Strike Wrestling Results blog!  I went to Bournemouth and took x2 trains and a bus to get there and it was well worth the effort. Before I get to the wrestling a bit about Bournemouth Bournemouth is a beautiful town it was a sunny hot day. I managed to go to the beach and see the pier and get a great view from Bournemouth on top of the cliffs, where there were also many of great restaurants and places to eat. Check out my on the road video on Strike Wrestling by clicking the video below! This was my first show at Strike Wrestling and Strike is an over 18’s show so I was expecting a different vibe, feel and presentation to family orientated wrestling that I have attended in the past. Strike wrestling is high paced, hard hitting, fast action but with a huge streak of entertainment, fun and having a great time.   From where I was